MANY OF YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT THE MANY IMPORTANT HISTORICAL SITES OF THE FELLOWSHIP OF ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS.

I PLAN TO SHARE WITH YOU PHOTOS I HAVE TAKEN OF THEM AS WELL AS PHOTOS I HAVE TAKEN OF SPECIAL MEETING LOCATIONS THAT I HAVE VISITED.





Wednesday 30 September 2020

SEP 30, 20 .. MORE .. YES STILL MORE .. ABOUT ZOOM MEETINGS

 I keep thinking to myself, enough-is-enough with regard to zoom meetings, and maybe this is a true statement with this being my fifth (5th) zoom meeting post. 

The problem is this : I (is it just me?) still seem to be on a learning-curve and all of the answers to (call them) issues with regard to zoom meetings, do not just appear instantly and in full.

Financial Cost of zoom meetings.

Yes Sports Fans, unless you have (and yes many of you do indeed have them) unlimited GB internet data usage plans, there most certainly could be a financial cost to you for zoom meetings if you exceed your allotted number of GB in a billing period.  

When I first learned about zoom meetings, the months of March, April up until May 8,2020, I was staying in motels that provided internet access. So I had free internet access with absolutely no costs to me (other than those included in my room rent).

When I returned home May 8th, I went hog-wild on zoom meetings and came out free and clear because I came home in the middle of my billing period having used zero GB of data.

Then reality finally kicked-in. Before I knew the ins and the outs of zoom meeting costs and giddily kept attending meetings helter skelter suddenly my June internet usage bill came due and (low and behold) I owed an additonal $64.91 (or sixty five United States Buckaroos). 

I then understood that zoom online meetings use (not megabytes MB but) gigabytes GB of data. I have an internet plan that allows me up to 15 GB per month. For my plan I pay $39.99 per month. IF I exceed my 15 GB allowance there is an additonal charge for any overage. 

Translation : I need to watch my internet data usage because I do not want to be paying $65 dollars a month above my allotted usage of 15 GB.

What is Chapter 2 of our Big Book titled. 

THERE IS A SOLUTION

And? THERE IS A SOLUTION to zoom meeting costs.

First Solution : While on a zoom meeting STOP the VIDEO. This will save about 50% of the data usage.

Second Solution : Telephone into the zoom meeting. I know of two telephone numbers you can call and attend the zoom meeting for free.

720-707-2699

253-215-8782

The downside to this second cost savings method for zoom meetings is this : You can not see anything. It would be like a blind person attending any meeting. You can hear but you can't see. You CAN PARTICIPATE if called upon by pressing * 6 on your telephone.

Zoom Meeting Popularity.

Many people do not like and will not visit zoom meetings.

What to tell all of your friends who steadfastly and resolutely say that : "I don't like zoom meetings!"

Tell them this (and I am speaking of actual experience) as you lose another friendship of years duration : "It isn't about what you like or don't like. It's about carrying your own personal message of recovery to someone who needs to hear you!"

And my own opinion? A zoom meeting has to be considered as an acquired taste. NO. NO WAY will a zoom meeting approach the warmth and comraderie of a normal meeting. BUT a zoom meeting is far FAR better than NO meeting at all.

This is my own personal experience with the phenomenon of zoom meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment