MANY OF YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT THE MANY IMPORTANT HISTORICAL SITES OF THE FELLOWSHIP OF ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS.

I PLAN TO SHARE WITH YOU PHOTOS I HAVE TAKEN OF THEM AS WELL AS PHOTOS I HAVE TAKEN OF SPECIAL MEETING LOCATIONS THAT I HAVE VISITED.





Monday 7 January 2019

JAN 7, 19 .. THE WRITTEN 10th STEP


WRITTEN TENTH (10th) STEP ..

In the last full paragraph at the bottom of page 84 of the U.S. ‘Big Book’ we are  told : “This is not an overnight matter.  It should continue for our lifetime.  Continue to watch for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment and fear.  When these crop up, we ask God at once to remove them.  We discuss them with someone immediately and make amends quickly if we have harmed anyone.”

Below is a WRITTEN TENTH (10th) STEP . This is to be done in hand using pen / pencil and paper NOT on a computer!

Write down the Third Step Prayer (page 63 of the U.S. ‘Big Book’).

 “God, I offer myself to thee – to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!”

Now write:  ‘I have resentments.’

List what you are feeling: ‘I resent ________’.  Continue listing resentments until you cease to actively feel them.  Do NOT stop to ponder them ! 

Now write: ‘I have fears.’

List your fears: ‘I fear (I am afraid of) _________’ . Continue listing your fears until you cease to actively feel them.  Do NOT sit and ponder them!

Now you are going to do a second cycle. 

This second look at your resentments and fears is why you do NOT sit and ponder what you are going to write in the first cycle above.
 
Again write: ‘I resent ________’. Continue listing resentments until you cease to actively feel them. IF you have no resentments on this second cycle just write: “I have no more resentments.”

Again write: ‘I fear (I am afraid of) _________’ . Continue listing fears until you cease to actively feel them. IF you have no fears this second time through just write .. “I have no more fears.”

Write: “God, I am now willing to have you remove these resentments and these fears.”

Write: “God, please remove these resentments and these fears.”

Write the Seventh Step Prayer (page 76 of the U.S. ‘Big Book’).

“My Creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, good and bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows. Grant me strength as I go out from here, to do your bidding. Amen.”

Write the Eleventh Step Prayer  (page 88 of the U.S. ‘Big Book: “Thy will be done.”

Write: “Thank you God” .. “I love you God” ..

 /s/ sign you name and date your Tenth Step ..

THEN READ YOUR  ENTIRE TENTH  STEP TO ANOTHER HUMAN BEING.

You have just worked eight of the twelve steps !


No comments:

Post a Comment