MANY OF YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT THE MANY IMPORTANT HISTORICAL SITES OF THE FELLOWSHIP OF ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS.

I PLAN TO SHARE WITH YOU PHOTOS I HAVE TAKEN OF THEM AS WELL AS PHOTOS I HAVE TAKEN OF SPECIAL MEETING LOCATIONS THAT I HAVE VISITED.





Friday 7 November 2014

NOV 7, 14 .. THE WILSON HOUSE - BILL WILSON'S GRAVESITE ..

The small cemetery that Bill Wilson and his wife Lois Burnham Wilson are buried in is on the southern edge of the village of East Dorset, Vermont on the west side of US Highway 7 that passes through the village.



Bill's grave is on the lower right of the below photo.  Lois's grave is to the left of Bill's grave.







At the foot of Bill's grave is the below marker.


I have very few words to add to the below photos.

 



 
A time for very quiet reflection.

 
I wish you all could visit.  It is a very special place on this earth.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! A friend who lives a couple hours away from the cemetery is going to leave my 32 year chip there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow !! Thanks so very VERY much for your comment TeeJay and so many years later. I am humbled. Congratulations on 32 years TeeJay. There is nothing quite like visiting our Historical Sites. SWC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this information. I attend another fellowship and have been clean for quite a while. Was in Rutland earlier today and learned Bill W was from this area. I owe his work and inspired work my life, unequivocally. The 12 steps have not only saved my life but given me a gift words cannot describe. I will be going to his grave and paying my respects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing to get a comment on this long ago Post published in November of 2014. Happy that it, in some way, helped you. Best Wishes ..

      Delete
    2. Love respect and gratitude … founder and foster of hope … the original OG and forever a father a brother a fellow traveler on the hard road and the high road … my friend always thanks for sharing your life your pain your time and your vision

      Delete