MANY OF YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT THE MANY IMPORTANT HISTORICAL SITES OF THE FELLOWSHIP OF ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS.

I PLAN TO SHARE WITH YOU PHOTOS I HAVE TAKEN OF THEM AS WELL AS PHOTOS I HAVE TAKEN OF SPECIAL MEETING LOCATIONS THAT I HAVE VISITED.





Thursday 30 October 2014

OCT 30, 14 .. THE WILSON HOUSE .. EAST DORSET, VERMONT .. PART 1 OF 2


William Griffith Wilson, also known simply as Bill W., was named one of the most important 100 individuals of the 20th century.  I first visited The Wilson House in October of 1988 and have made many return visits during the following years.

Who ever said and believed that one man cannot make a difference.  During my first visit to The Wilson House in October of 1988 I met 'Ozzie' Lepper. 

It was 'Ozzie' who purchased The Wilson House when it was in shambles and would require years of dedicated work to restore it. It was 'Ozzie' who gave up his business career and then devoted the rest of his life in service to those of us who have so benefited from a visit to East Dorset, Vermont to see the birthplace of Bill Wilson.


To borrow one of Bill's favorite terms, "I salute you for your life." :

'Ozzie' I salute you for your life!  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SERVICE TO THOSE OF US WHO CHOOSE TO TAKE LIFE ONE-DAY-AT-A-TIME!

Now I will post a few exterior photographs of The Wilson House.

Let's begin with the 'classic' view as shown below.


At the top of this Post is a close-up photo of the green sign you see on the street in the above photograph marking The Wilson House as the birthplace of Bill Wilson.


My last visit was during October of 2014 and Halloween was the theme-of-the-month.  The below decorative display also shows the green sign I mention above.


Moving to the right (as viewed in the above photos) below we see the main entrance.


Below is a close-up of the plaque to the right of the main entry door you see above.


Continuing to move right across the front of The Wilson House we see the below views.



Below are several views of the rear of The Wilson House that you cannot see clearly on the extreme right edge of the above photo.




The below photo shows the side of The Wilson House.  The porch I show further below leads off to the left side of the below photo.


The front porch is a wonderful place to sit and watch the rest-of-the-world pass you by.


To refresh you as to the 'classic' view of The Wilson House I will show you the below photo again.


Looking straight up the street leading off to the left in the above photo you see the below view.


Now walk up the street past the green sign and then turn around and look-back, you see the below view of The Wilson House.




This will complete showing you exterior views of The Wilson House.

I really like the small Post Office located diagonally across the street from The Wilson House and wanted to close with several photos of this Post Office.

In the below photo, notice the railway tracks.





In the first photo of the Post Office above, you can see the railway tracks.

YES ! Freight trains actually travel through East Dorset en route North and South.  Do you see The Wilson House peeking at us along the left edge of the below photo?





2 comments:

  1. By golly, I found you here!!!! Why you want a third place to put your posts is beyond me but then almost everything in this world is beyond my comprehension!!!! I'm not criticizing because I know you have reasons for adding to your footprint here on the internet.

    You very thoroughly shared The Wilson House exterior here in this post. It's quite a complex and thankfully was renovated to keep it usable for years to come.

    Thank you for the many views of The Wilson House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU SO MUCH SHADDY! I will e-mail you separately. Smiles .. SW in London Ontario Canada ..

    ReplyDelete