MANY OF YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT THE MANY IMPORTANT HISTORICAL SITES OF THE FELLOWSHIP OF ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS.

I PLAN TO SHARE WITH YOU PHOTOS I HAVE TAKEN OF THEM AS WELL AS PHOTOS I HAVE TAKEN OF SPECIAL MEETING LOCATIONS THAT I HAVE VISITED.





Saturday 29 May 2021

MAY 29, 21 .. YUMA, ARIZONA .. SEVERAL MEETING LOCATIONS ..

 During my recent two months in the Southwest, I had the great pleasure of attending live-in-person A.A. Meetings. It had been almost one full year since I last attended live-in-person meetings and it was such a great pleasure to sit in meetings with others and not be looking at a computer screen 12-inches from my face as you do in a zoom meeting. 

In my last two posts, see the below links, I discussed meetings I attended in Phoenix, Benson, and Green Valley, Arizona.

http://aaphotoshere.blogspot.com/2021/03/mar-22-21-live-aa-meeting-my-1st-in-10.html#comment-form

http://aaphotoshere.blogspot.com/2021/04/apr-27-21-green-valley-arizona-alano.html

Now I will wrap-up my live and in-person meetings during my two months down in the Southwest.

YUMA, ARIZONA

While in Yuma, I focused my meeting attendance on meetings in only one location..

THE FOOTHILLS ALANO CLUB

In the final analysis, when you are on-the-road travelling, you only need one really satisfactory meeting location if and when you find the one that really works for you. The Foothills Alano Club is about 15-miles out of Yuma off Interstate 8 East in the Fortuna Foothills. You will see it if you click onto the below (very long) link. 

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Fortuna+Foothills,+AZ/Yuma,+AZ/@32.6894433,-114.587382,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x80d663edd49dab85:0x8a1dfaa90b53549c!2m2!1d-114.4118901!2d32.6578265!1m5!1m1!1s0x80d66287214dadd9:0xcfa93a07f59e4258!2m2!1d-114.6276916!2d32.6926512

Getting there took a little driving. But the meetings made the drive well worth the time.

The Foothills Alano Club is located in a small mobile home that the local members turned into a meeting location and Alano Club.





O.K. let's go inside of the club.


Looking down the tables after stepping inside of the club.



Looking back up toward the entryway to the club.


Looking out at the club's back yard.

A small venue, but well equipped for meetings.


Now we will go outside and look at the club's back yard. It is very large and just great for outdoor gatherings.






What 'sold' me on this venue over several others that I checked out? First and maybe foremost, due to Covid-19 considerations, masks were properly worn at all times inside of the club period. There was also a great mix of longtimers and new members. The meetings were extremely well run.

I went to one meeting in the club in Yuma proper. Masks were optional BUT social distancing was perfect. A large venue with only 6 in attendance but it was a low energy mid-afternoon meeting so it was one-and-done for this (really very nice) club.


So there you have a small taste of meetings in Yuma, Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment