MANY OF YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT THE MANY IMPORTANT HISTORICAL SITES OF THE FELLOWSHIP OF ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS.

I PLAN TO SHARE WITH YOU PHOTOS I HAVE TAKEN OF THEM AS WELL AS PHOTOS I HAVE TAKEN OF SPECIAL MEETING LOCATIONS THAT I HAVE VISITED.





Thursday 26 October 2017

OCT 26, 17 .. DOCTOR BOB'S HOME .. AKRON, OHIO

I never tire of visiting Doctor Bob's Home in Akron, Ohio.

Below are photos that I snapped during my visit this past September. When I walked up to Doctor Bob's home, I made the solemn resolve NOT to snap any photos. I have so many photos from past visits that I felt that I did not need so much as one more photo.

Then I snapped the below photo and away I went.

WELCOME HOME TO ALL OF YOU !!


 I will begin with photos of the living room.





The next photos show the dining room. The first photo below was snapped from the living room.





Below is the front bedroom, upstairs on the 2nd floor across from Doctor Bob's bedroom. Bill Wilson slept in this bedroom during his visits and stays with Doctor Bob in the mid-1930's and forward.




Something new since my last visit. In the second floor closet at the head of the stairs, shown below are two photos of a wire recording device similar to those upon which some of Bill Wilson's and Doctor Bob's talks were recorded.




Doctor Bob's bedroom on the 2nd floor.


The main bathroom on the 2nd floor.



Daughter Sue's bedroom. Many an early member, including my first Grand Sponsor, got down on their knees at this bed and accepted God and Jesus into their lives.




The photos below were snapped on the 3rd floor.






If you are interested in my previous, and much longer Post of Doctor Bob's Home, you may click onto the below link.

http://aaphotoshere.blogspot.com/2016/05/may-10-16-doctor-bobs-home-akron-ohio.html

In Service to those who gave of themselves that we all may live free and happy lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment