MANY OF YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT THE MANY IMPORTANT HISTORICAL SITES OF THE FELLOWSHIP OF ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS.

I PLAN TO SHARE WITH YOU PHOTOS I HAVE TAKEN OF THEM AS WELL AS PHOTOS I HAVE TAKEN OF SPECIAL MEETING LOCATIONS THAT I HAVE VISITED.





Monday 10 November 2014

NOV 10, 14 .. THE WILSON HOUSE .. GRIFFITH LIBRARY ..

Across the street from The Wilson House is The Griffith Library.

The Griffith Library is located in the home of Bill Wilson's grandfather, Fayette Griffith.  Bill Wilson and his sister lived with their grandfather for a period of time while their mother was away getting medical training.
 
In the below photo you see the street going past The Wilson House.  The Wilson House is the red building on the right of the below photo.
 
 
Looking to the left of the above photo you see the below scene.
 
 
Across the street to your left is the East Dorset Congregational Church.
 
 

The Griffith Library is to the left of the church.

 

Now my disclaimer !  IF I HAD KNOWN I was going to post photos, I would have taken many more and I could have more clearly and more thoroughly explained to you more about The Griffith Library.

BUT I didn't. So I will just show you the several photos I snapped inside The Griffith Library.

 
 
 
 
The below photos show the bedroom used by Bill Wilson while he and his sister were living with their maternal grandfather Fayette Griffith.
 
 
 
 
There you have it.  My best limited photo coverage of The Griffith Library.
 
Across from the Griffith Library, and diagonally across from The Wilson House, is the East Dorset, Vermont Post Office.
 
 
I have mailed many MANY post cards from this nice Post Office!  Notice the railway tracks in the above photo.  Freight trains regularly pass through East Dorset.
 
 
 
 
I hear that train coming !
 
 
You can see The Wilson House along the left edge of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment